Cut and Sew Sublimation
Cut and Sew Sublimation Printing
The more high-end type of sublimation printing is called “cut and sew” all-over sublimation. This process is similar to the pre-made garment sublimation process. However, with cut and sew sublimation, the printing is done before the garment is assembled. This process is a bit more costly — but the quality of the final product is far superior. Additionally, cut and sew sublimation avoids many of the limitations (creasing, blurring) of blank apparel sublimation.
The cut and sew sublimation process produces higher quality results and provides more options for customization to make garments unique and set them apart from the competition. The cut and sew process takes a bit longer in production than standard sublimation on pre-made blank apparel. The average turnaround time for cut and sew sublimation is 3 weeks.
Cut and Sew Sublimation Advantages
- The limitations of sublimation printing on blank apparel — e.g., blurring, creasing, and smudging — are completely avoided with custom cut and sew sublimation printing.
- One of the advantages of cut and sew dye-sublimation is your choice in which parts of the garment you want decorated with sublimation and which parts you want solid.
Cut and Sew Sublimation Process
- The first step to cut and sew sublimation is to select a pattern styles or design— or we can create a custom pattern to your specifications.
- Special sublimation transfer paper is printed using a large format printer and special dyes.
- The design is transferred from this special paper to the garment via heat press: the garment is laid flat, then covered with the printed paper and then pressed.
- The garment pieces are sewn together by careful hands in our sewing department.
Pros & Cons
- No limitations such as creases, voids or blurs
- Complete design of front and back of shirt
- Your imagination is the only limitation
- Longer processing/turnaround time
- More expensive than pre-made garment sublimation
As you can see, you have options. Choose what’s best for you.